The Materials/Receiving Technician is responsible for initial receipt of wind turbine components as they arrive to site, proper direction of components and materials to lay-down area, and initial inspection for suitability for use.
Hourly rate: $45 per hour inclusive of superannuation (standard, standby and travel days)
Per Diem: $55 per working day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform inspections of components
- Interpret the defects and deficiencies in supply and report them in appropriate systems and documentation
- Monitor the progress of any rework done on the components when the defects are repaired at the receiving location
- Submit progress reports
- Monitor initial receiving of components at site
- Dispatch material to different locations
- Maintain records that fully reflect the inspections performed
- Follow all assigned Environmental, Health and Safety procedures
- Oversee offload activities
- Provide detailed documentation of any damages caused prior to delivery
- Verify that all components are compatible with each other
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Verify that the work is completed in compliance with customer's requirements
- Liaise with internal and external customers
- Successfully complete site training including EHS Climb Test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Safety conscious
- High level of integrity
- Professional behaviour
- Willing to travel with very little notice across Canada and the US
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic environment
- Work well with others
- Follow instructions
- Computer/technology proficient and web base tool experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Technical degree and/or college diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Equivalent of 2 years' experience in the field
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background investigations
- Current Valid Driver's License is required
- Drive motorized vehicle
- Work in confined space(s)
- Work outside in extreme temperatures and weather conditions
- Operate tools, equipment, instruments
- Frequently lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.