E C & I Design Project Engineer
EC&I Design Project Engineer required for work on packaged / site fluid handling systems for the petrochemical fluid handling sector.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit an electrical design engineer from a packaged equipment / control / PLC systems design background.
* First class ability to read P&ID, Technical Drawings, Wiring Diagrams, Instrument Hook-ups, and Control Philosophy documents
* Production of Cable Schedules / Block Cabling / Cable Termination & Schematic Diagrams using 2D AutoCAD
* System Design of switch gear based / industrial safety systems
* Selection of switch gear components within control panels & instrumentation for the process
* Selection of Cables / Cable Glands / Electrical Containment
* Produce BoM's & manage the procurement of materials in execution of the project
* Manage subcontractors / suppliers of control panels and electrical build works in our factory
* Reviews designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
* Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, resolving engineering design and test problems.
* Control expenditures within limitation of project budget.
* Assist with Factory Acceptance Testing & commissioning support activities of manufactured products.
* Support the sales team with technical design proposals.
Education Requirements: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred
* 5 GCSES Grades A to C (Maths / English essential) (R)
* HNC/HND Electrical Engineering or equivalent (R)
* CompEX Ex01 to Ex 04 qualified (P)
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred years
* 10 years experience in a similar design project engineering role (R)
* Knowledge of the Petrochemical industry / ATEX Requirements / Machinery Directive / Low Voltage Directive (P)
* Sound knowledge of IT (including Engineering AutoCAD) (R)
* Training certificates for 2D CAD software (P)
* Project Management Foundation (P)
* Safety Passport CCNSG / IOSH Working Safely (P)
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.