Mechanical/Electrical Quality Technician
Working within the Quality Team - The Mechanical/Electrical Quality Technician is required to perform quality checks & assembly of documentation of components & assemblies for packaged / site fluid handling systems for the petrochemical fluid handling sector, focusing on the overall quality of the manufactured products & devising bespoke and appropriate quality testing criteria where required.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit a Quality Technician with experience of Instrumentation / Pipework / Structural background.
* Evaluate in-coming goods & associated documentation to assure compliance to specifications. Liaising with Suppliers, Engineering and Fabrication teams. Raise and follow-up on non-conformances as required.
* Assemble & monitor production documentation Route Cards/Job Packs for manufacture.
* Co-ordinate QC activities concerned with technical assessments and provide feed-back to engineering.
* Inspect components on finished assemblies prior to Pre-FAT (factory acceptance testing) to complete a serial number / certification sheets and fit component tag plates.
* Assist with Product FAT and recording of results and action items.
* Assembly of fabrication packs of finished goods QA / Pipework fabrication drawings (Welder Code / WPQR / NDT / Technical drawing completion)
* Production of final product quality packs for onward quality assurance before dispatch to customer.
Education Requirements: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred
* 5 GCSES Grades A to C (Maths / English essential) (R)
* HNC/HND Quality / Engineering or equivalent (R)
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred years
* 5 year experience in a similar Quality engineering role (R)
* Able to read P & I D / Manufacturing Designs (R)
* Hands on experience of inspecting parts and materials using measuring equipment as well as visual techniques (P)
* Knowledge of the Petrochemical industry / certification requirements (P)
* Sound knowledge of IT (including XLS/WORD / Engineering AutoCAD and Solid Works) (P)
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceQuality, Assurance, Inspection, Mechanical, Electrical
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.