EWI - Global Talent Solutions
Ewi is a specialist recruitment & mobilisation consultancy headquartered in the City of London. We specialise in senior and highly technical positions across the engineering, technology and construction sectors worldwide.
Position - Wind Site Manager
Wind farm site managers, who are also known as wind energy operations managers, oversee the daily operations of wind farms. They are responsible for ensuring staff are maintaining and operating the equipment and that the wind farm is producing energy as expected. They monitor the production levels and interact with customers as part of their regular duties. Wind farm site managers are also responsible for ensuring that safety protocols are followed and that business records are properly maintained. They may also be involved with training or hiring staff for specific roles and responsibilities.
- Lead and develop a team that represents values and high standards of performance
- Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Objectives
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within the organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviours
- Achieves a culture of excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas
- Responsible for the site budget, cost centre management, and operational efficiency
- Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Willingness to embrace and promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Associates degree or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of wind turbines and power plant operations
- Will consider similar industry and/or technology such as hydraulic, rotating heavy equipment service and maintenance
- Significant experience as a leader of a field-deployed technician team with responsibility for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Experience managing safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space
- Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives
If interested and suitable or would like further information regarding this position, please respond directly to EWI with an updated CV to D.Tricker@ewi-group.com
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.