Our fuel storage client is now seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to join their Business Services Team to support their already growing Capital Projects Team. This is a key role to support their Major Capital Works planned for delivery at the fuel storage terminal sites.
Salary £45-50,000 + Excellent benefits package
Job Type: Permanent
As part of the Procurement Team supporting Capital Projects you will ensure that all tenders made/quotes submitted are realistic and fair and the subsequent works undertaken, predominantly within Plymouth and Portsmouth to be completed in full (both in time, specification and costs) and provide value for money.
The role will require the post holder to build strong positive and creditable working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, particularly the Capital Projects, Asset Technical & Operations Teams. The person will need excellent influencing skills, be able to communicate at all levels and be comfortable positively challenging when there are issues evident on project delivery.
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all levels within the company.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Provide support to the Procurement Team to ensure the delivery of predominantly engineering works to assure the company is being billed fairly for works completed.
- To manage all costs relating to projects to ensure validity and value for money.
- Support the company in preparing supporting documentation for projects including ITT, T&Cs and cost estimates.
- Ensure tenders are issued in accordance with the Agency's procurement policy and procedures.
- Work closely with the Procurement function to ensure that contracts are put in place that are the most suitable to ensure delivery of the requirement in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor and where necessary measure the services provided by the contractor to verify application for payment.
- Monitor Contractors to ensure compliance with the Contract.
- Monitor, maintain and re-negotiate schedules of Rates.
- Review, monitor and approve Bills of Quantities.
- Monitor delivery of the service to ensure that costs are in line with forecasts.
- Oversee the verification of the application for payment and sign off payment certificate.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to risks.
- Support the Project Engineers in the management of the contract.
- Prepare in-house estimates, derive cost, valuate variation order and analyse financial bids.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate will hold a relevant degree level qualification in subject areas such as, Quantity Surveying, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering, with experience of NEC3 forms of contract, Experience working with Engineering Project Contracts and preferably within the oil and gas industry.
A member of RICS or equivalent
NEC3 Form of Contracts including Option C
Experience of producing and working with Risk Registers
MS Office Application Proficient
Must be knowledgeable in Cost Estimates and Contracts
Good communication skills
Good negotiation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Additional Information : Some travel with overnight stays to other sites may be required, therefore a full driving licence is essential for this role.
Please apply to Kellie Dance
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.