SUMMARY SUMMARY OF ROLE
Seeking a Senior Project Manager for our upcoming large construction projects. The Senior Project Manager will report directly to the Divisional Director or Director. The Senior Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the execution of the project in accordance with the Owner EPC agreement. The Sr. PM will have a team on-site to support him/her in the execution of the work at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Overall responsibility to manage and administer all aspects of the EPC contract with the Owner. Assist legal team and SunPower management with negotiations of the EPC contract and preparation of technical exhibits. Pro-actively manage relationship with the Owner and execute all requirements of the EPC towards achieving substantial and final completion of the project in accordance with the schedule, reporting, quality, and other requirements of the contract.
* Maintain responsibility for the project budget, risk management, safety, and quality. Responsible for managing cost and schedule goals of assigned projects through project closeout.
* Report to SunPower management regularly on the progress of the Project (Monthly Report, Weekly Updates ...) and inform stakeholders at the functional level.
* Responsible for direct reports from PM Organization. Participate in staffing and performance management of project management group. Perform quarterly check ins / twice annual review period and manage Key Initiatives, training, and mentoring as required for project management staff. Collaborate with HR/ Recruiting on interviewing candidates and onboarding and training. Recommend to hire and manage staff contracted as needed during construction.
* Ensure compliance with all permits and laws, and mitigation measures on the project. Maintain high level contact with permitting officials. Provide input/ insight on the permitting with focus on the construction related permits, but also providing support and guidance on the non-discretionary permits.
* Assist in the negotiations and execution of interconnection agreements. Coordinate directly, or manage through project team members with the electrical transmission authorities and other interconnection parties and manage the execution of the work to successfully achieve interconnection with the grid and meet the requirement of the agreements.
* Oversee the management of the system design and construction process. Make sure that all RFI's and Submittals are responded to in a timely manner.
* Maintain responsibility for execution of all consultants. Assists with RFP, Proposals, solicitation, negotiations, execution, PO, Invoicing. This includes design, permitting and inspection consultants. Issue contractual letters and notices and change orders to protect SunPower from Owner and subcontractor claims.
* Work with procurement team to identify and order long lead substation equipment negotiation and execute the contract associated Purchase Order/ associated invoices
* Develop and execute strategy for all subcontractor and consultant procurement. Identify qualified contractors and subcontractors and consultants. Work with Procurement team to identify and solicit contracting partners, hold pre-bid meetings, training sessions. Manage subcontracts once executed including tracking deliverables, schedules, payments due, managing change orders, and providing notices or dispute resolution if required.
* Responsible for the project schedule: development, metrics, maintenance of the schedule to report weekly to executives on % complete, critical path
* Coordinate pre-construction activities, especially buyout and set up of construction temporary facilities including trailers, power, and telecommunications.
* Coordinate with project team members to establish all living arrangements for SunPower employees including Housing, transportation, utilities, etc.
* Ensure compliance and implementation of safety and quality assurance plans, by subcontractors authorities, owners with Safety to Establish a Project HSE-MS and a Project Quality Plan.
* Oversee the execution commissioning of the plant through the commissioning department and complete handover of operable plant to the customer and Operations and maintenance crews.
* Manage punch list, demobilization and financial close out of project.
* Support the sales, development, and finance teams for future projects in development. This may include providing construction schedules, coordinating due diligence site evaluations, construction cost estimates, permit and site evaluations, and proposal documentation.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Demonstrated ability to manage multi-year, complex construction projects
* Proven ability to successfully procure, manage, large commercial or industrial construction subcontracts.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully forecast, create, and manage multi-million dollar and multiyear project budgets
* 15+ years of commercial construction, General Contracting commercial electrical contracting and/or commercial contracting experience.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant area.
* A strong understanding of financial tracking and reporting.
* Excellent and proven leadership and personnel management skills.
* Thorough knowledge of commercial project development.
* Ability to read engineering drawings, electrical diagrams and familiarity with building and electrical codes. * 5+ years supervisory or group lead experience is required
* Experience with Substations and Interconnection requirements
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS This position will be remote, however it is expected that the Sr. PM will travel to the project site one week per month for the duration of the project.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceproject management, solar, utility scale solar, EPC contract negotiation
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.