Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determines instrumentation requirements based on project P&IDs, process simulations, processing equipment specifications, and vendor data
- Specifies instrumentation (including but not limited pressure, temperature, level and flow measurements) to meet project and client requirements, and create datasheets as appropriate and required
- Reviews Requests for Quote and make purchasing recommendations, and review Purchase Orders prior to their issuance to vendors
- With assistance from I&E Designers, plan layout of control systems within processing facilities
- Reviews technical drawings created by I&E Designers, including but not limited to equipment location plans, control panel and junction box layouts, wiring diagrams, area classification drawings, and loop diagrams
- Coordinates with Electrical Engineers for control system power requirements and necessary interaction, such as status indications and alarms, between the plant control system and electrical gear
- Programs plant control systems based on process and equipment requirements
- Visits plant sites during construction to inspect equipment and monitor construction progress and correctness
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Tests and inspect completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Performs other tasks related to the Electrical and/or Instrumentation & Control designs of the plants as necessary
- Educates and train other team members as necessary
- Supervises other technical and vendor representatives on plant sites
- Interacts with plant operations personnel
- Experience in instrument specification and control system design in the oil and gas processing, refinery, or chemical process industries
- Certified Control System Technician or similar certification is preferred
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code, API Recommended Practices and other codes and standards applicable to the gas processing industry
- Familiar with PLC or DCS programming (Rockwell Software Studio5000 or similar software)
- Familiar with Human-Machine Interface (HMI) programming (WonderWare InTouch or similar software)
- Good verbal, written, computer and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to cope with fast paced, rapidly changing project requirements
- Ability to travel to and enter industrial facilities
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.