This position will *start* in this location, however once our team has finished up at this location we will then move to a new site where we will perform similar duties which involves work on wind turbines that can reach 300 feet in height.
Under direct supervision from higher-level technical supervisory and/or management staff, the Wind Technician utilizes skills and training to perform installation work on assigned wind turbines at a basic level. The Wind Technician will follow specific schedules and procedures including safety protocol, installation processes, and other direct and detailed verbal and written instruction. The Wind Technician is regarded as the "entry-level" team member on the technician team and will have minimal customer interface. We have several positions open to be filled throughout the United States.
Responsibilities and Duties
Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight. Demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior at all times. Provides recommendations to higher-level technical staff and management regarding everything safety. Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Performs basic level wind turbine installation tasks as assigned.
- This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required.
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
- Follows defined instructions and installation schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher-level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives. * Perform other tasks as assigned.
Standards, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision.
- Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet based program navigation.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 200-400 feet in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 300 feet.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent.
- Regular walking.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
- Mechanical skills
- Situational awareness
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus
- Diversity and inclusion
- Results driven
- Stress management/composure
- Teamwork orientation
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.